Context : SmallPiecesLooselyJoined
When you've broken your content into MicroContent. After BangTheRocksTogether, you also need to reconnect the pieces. There are, of course, explicit links. In a HyperText A reader can trawl through and connect them in whatever order suits.
But it is also useful to have some notion of an aggregations of pieces. Maybe explicit DataStructures to represent these aggregations.
- The WebLog is one possible aggregation ... chronologically
And BlogChains is the new way of threading them back together
- Microsoft think ThreadedConversations are a core object. (So ThreadedDiscussion / TypedThreadedDiscussion)
- SearchEngines find similar or cluster them into search result pages
- ThreadServer tries to make it explicit.
- WeblogContinuums (use SparkLines)
JonUdell worrying about it : http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/2004/08/16.html#a1060
Now what about comments between or on blogs?
Thinking of aggregations of pieces as data-structures. An RSS feed is a list. A wiki is a dictionary. And threaded conversations are trees.
See also :