Value which exists, but which current instruments and mechanisms (the market for products, the valuation of companies, fixed-length academic courses) can't perceive or harvest. It occurs in too fine a granularity.
Pages relevant to MicroValue :
- There's PlentyOfRoomAtTheBottom, that's where the micro-value is
- MassCustomization, cash in on making and selling things in small numbers
- WorseIsBetter / DisruptiveTechnology : If you can capture smaller micro-value than a competitor, you can grow with it
- LowRoad buildings : when you work in an area with fewer constraints beause no-one cares about the micro-value you're harvesting
- AgainstFinishedness / UnfinishedProjects : The cult of the finished creates the aliasing error that loses microvalue
- TheAgeOfAmateurs / AlternativesToCompanies : Amateur communities and ad-hoc networks may be able to survive and operate on microvalue that is too small for traditional companies. In doing so, it may disrupt the world for companies.
- MicroContent : Communities of amateurs will build around it.
- nano-retail? : http://www.simonwaldman.co.uk/docs/nano.html
- micro-lending : http://www.accion.org/default.asp
- could fixes to GoogleHoles be micro-businesses?
- Zero Point Energy?