Index for identity stuff
- What's your OnlineIdentity? Who do you pretend to be? Do you handle it differently from offline?
- Even offline, how do you manage your PersonalIdentity?
- Who are your IdentityProviders
- TheUserIsThePlatform : Commercial interests are trying to "own" our identity.
- AboutReputation : How do we know who people are and who to trust?
- SocialNetworkingSoftware : Nowdays, everyone recognises the importance of social networking. Some software helps you do more of it, over the internet.) But it raises the question WhoIsMyFriend?
- TheAttentionEconomy / NetoCracy : Your reputation and social identity may be your fortune.
- And there's a danger of IdentityTheft
- IndividualRecognition : My academic research was how did we come by the idea of an re-identifiable individual?)
- Avatars : http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2008/10/30/avatar-xbox-business-tech-ebiz-cxmji1030avatar.html
- ZNet discussion : http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=10302
- (WarpLink) OnBranding
Quora Answer : Identity: Can people primarily culturally identify with non-national or non-ethnic objects or concepts?
Sure. What about hippies, punks, goths, ravers, geeks, nerds, bros, fitness freaks, extreme sports kids, golfers, hipsters, hikers, swingers, sado-masochists, skateboarders, gamers, hackers, makers, foodies, gardeners ...
People are very happy to construct their identities around these interests and activities.