Context : ToolsForThought
Software to let you make nested lists ...
Any advantages over wiki?
DaveWiner offers his history. http://davewiner.userland.com/outlinersProgramming
Didn't know his outlining thing was so tied up with online community discussion. Impressive.
Compare with : http://www.atpm.com/10.07/atpo.shtml
Outlines and time : http://geeks.opml.org/stories/storyReader$120
- UserInterfaces for outliners : http://www.atpm.com/10.02/atpo.shtml
- "using a PC-based Structural Outliner as an Imaging Scaffold " : http://laetusinpraesens.org/docs/catalyz.php
- another requirements request : http://www.lonepixel.com/johnm/archives/2005/04/somethoughtso.html
- PowerPoint can be used as one
- online :
- Zim : http://www.quotesque.net/archives/2007/03/zimisan_outli.html
According to it http://www.softpanorama.org/Editors/links.shtml#Folding it is a special case of folding. I must admit I don't understand the difference. – ZbigniewLukasiak
: folding I suppose is what I would call "collapsing" of a block down into a single line? I guess there might be different versions depending on what that line is? A first line of the block? A logical heading? A summarized description which isn't part of the text?
: Aside : I'm using Word as an outliner at the moment and I don't like it much. Particularly because I'm a bit confused. Should I make bullet point lists sub-paras of the block that contains them? It them gives them a sub-sub head style which I don't want.
: Unfortunately SdiDesk (my note-making app. of choice of course) has failed me by not being very good for outlining lecture notes in Portuguese. The good thing is that gives me lots of ideas and incentive to fix. But not before my meeting this afternoon. :-(
: – PhilJones
See also :