What's internet culture?
It's about the culture which is emerging on the internet and because of the internet. And how this changes culture.
TheNewFlowInternet is the end of the web?
- How does the use of OnlineWriting tools such as WebLogs and Wiki help build community.
- Though this can be questioned: CommunityOrGenre
- "Community" software you can try out yourself : http://www.opensourcecms.com/
- In one sense internet culture is just NetworkedIndividualism on steroids. That is, people organize themselves as individuals with an individualistic network of friends, acquaintainces and colleagues. How does the flow of power work in the network?
- Once armed with these tools, what kinds of communities and projects appear?
- PaulGrahamOnTheInternetBubble (discusses the increasing importance of nerd culture)
- Given the ease of spontaneous group forming and the other cultural aspects, what are the economic consequences?
A long time ago I wrote some preliminary : ThoughtsOnNewMedia