Wiki and graphs are a natural combination. Both are networks.
- First there was TouchGraph wiki browser.
Some thoughts ...
So we have graphs of wiki.
And we have wikis where we can draw graphs.
What I want (and I've thought about in BEACH for example) is a combination of two levels :
- wiki in which boxes and arrows network diagrams can be drawn
- where nodes link to different pages
- BUT the links represented in the diagram are NOT the same as the ordinary links between pages :
- a diagram represents a particular index or view of a bunch of pages, it asserts that these pages are related in this way from the perspective of this page. These diagrams are like the themes or other high level indexes I describe in InformationArchitectureOfThisWiki.
A version of this is at SdiDesk