See also : List of Architects
What do we mean by this word?
: comments include a set of mini patterns by Dan Phillips of The Sea who I'm pretty sure I met once upon a time, when my old employer was pitching to work for him. Though on second glance, they don't look much like any pattern I'd recognise from ChristopherAlexander.
I use the term OrganicArchitecture a lot for the user-driven, BottomUp, iterative, highly-maleable, falsificationist approach to architecture. Against BigUpFrontDesign and MagazineArchitecture. (See also : BigBallOfMud, TopicsDiscussedHere)
- TheArchitectureOfComplexity is HerbertSimon's suggestion that complex-systems need to be composed out of nested modules. Discussed by PhilAgre
- TheArchitectureOfParticipation, a structure which encourages the addition of plug-ins. The architecture of platforms.
- InformationArchitecture, the design of large, structured bodies of information to help users navigate, browse, search and use it.
- TheCityAsInformationSystem looks at the city as an information processing system and derives urban planning heuristics to that end. (See also MarketsAndCities)
- Blog from various architecture schools : http://www.archinect.com/schoolblog/