One person software companies. There's a fashion for experimenting with them.
- starts http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnsoftware/html/software09012004.asp
- first report : http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnsoftware/html/software10012004.asp
Another approach from StevePavlina of
- (entrepreneurial http://www.dexterity.com/articles/power-of-clarity.htm (entrepreneurial existentialism)
(too risky / driven for my taste. But he does has cute graphics in his games)
MyMicroIsv MashUp : http://mymicroisv.com/
Oh, but it can all go wrong :
but interesting discussion of developer / user communication responsibilities.
- what are the social norms? : http://napsterization.org/stories/archives/000373.html
- definition of "beta" : http://www.userland.com/whatIsABeta http://napsterization.org/stories/archives/000374.html, http://www.userland.com/whatIsABeta
: "users just sort of think developers are having trouble committing to finishing."
Software Garden : http://www.softwaregarden.com/
Concept to software 7-days : http://www.microisv.com/archives/2006/03/06/conception-to-sales-in-7-days-can-it-be-done/#more-223