Excellent pair of essays by NathanLewis advocating a change in mind-set from CompetitiveThinking to collaborative thinking on how society should be organized.
- Earlier piece on same theme : http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2007/070907.html
The suggestion is
- GoodUrbanism (especially ReallyNarrowStreets), leading to
- Cheaper, denser housing. (HighDensityLiving) Which in turn
- reduces energy and resource consumption (therefore more sustainable (shades of StewartBrand's WholeEarthDiscipline)
Some more interesting thinking :
- Problem with teeny farms : (OnAgriculture) http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2010/032810.html (OnAgriculture)