People are thinking of "attention" in marketing terms. As "eyeballs". How do I win people's attention to my product.
Instead, think of the world as being full of pre-existing "intentions" to, for example, buy your product. What sellers need to do is find and form links with those pre-existing intentions.
- it's nice (possibly naive) in assuming sellers aren't trying to brainwash us or create demand.
- it's a lot less radically interesting than TheAttentionEconomy which is actually positing a new economic principle of circulation. This seems to be just about improving the wiring (possibly with some explicit attention / intention data.)
See also :
- For some reason this reminds me of (WarpLink) TheUserIsThePlatform. Re-organizing the economy around the idea of making contact with pre-existing demands.
- (WarpLink) WilliamLind's notion of FourthGenerationWar which says make connections with sources of order, and disconnect with sources of disorder. Here you're connecting with sources of sales. Maybe GlobalProcessNetworkManagement fits here too.
- In other words, it's "networky".